Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taking Refuge...Part Two

Six months ago, almost to the day, I wrote a blog entry about my Taking Refuge.

"The Refuge Vow is a ceremony where one formally becomes a Buddhist by making a commitment in one's life to follow the path of the Buddha. In taking refuge in the Precious Three Jewels, we commit ourselves to freedom.  Having exhausted our strategies of distraction, denial, and escapism, we find that learning to experience reality directly through the path of meditation is a life-affirming choice."

My Refuge Vow Ceremony will take place on November 7th-- there will be no bells and whistles that resound after the ceremony.  There will be me choosing to mindfully walk moment by moment through this auspicious, mysterious and unknown journey with asking for no assurances for what I will find.

Gracie Garp
          

No comments:

Post a Comment