Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Sabbatical Divas....

It has come to pass (especially after my 'fire experience') that I really am being 'called' to take a sabbatical.  Where and when, is yet to be decided but suffice it to say, it will be out of the country.

I have been asking the Divas of Traveling Sabbaticals, to keep showing me the signs for when and where to begin my sojourn.  One of the trickier elements of my leaving in, say January, was what to do about subletting my rental.  I figured Divas of Sojourning do not have as much difficulty with this issue as I might by fretting about it...so I turned it over to them to figure out.  Just this morning, I was sitting on my heavily laden flowered porch, when a woman came by to inquire if I knew about either of the duplexes (one of which I live in) being for rent now or by the first of January!!  Need I say more?

I only have two 'requirements' for where I travel to: must be coastal and very near large bodies of water and must be warm...not 50 degree warm but tropical warm.  I am thinking: Malta, Greece, Italy, Turkey, the South of Spain....or anywhere else that suits my desire to paint and write and eat profusely.

A friend had mentioned that I should see the movie: Eat, Love, Pray--a bit too Hollywood-ized for me but I did respond that I would be very interested in writing the satirical version that I call: Eat, Eat, Eat.  For those who know me well, I have a voracious appetite and although I should weigh four hundred pounds with the amount of food I ingest, I seem to have been blessed with an outrageous metabolism.  No doubt I will eat my way through any country I visit.  My Sicilian grandfather, Nanu, upon our beginning a meal in his home, would always proclaim: "Eat, eat.  Don't be ashamed."  Being reared young, to absolutely revel in the glories of eating whatever one craves, I have yet to confuse shame with eating.

May the Divas of Eating and No Shame be with you....

Gracie Garp

No comments:

Post a Comment